"If you are ready to create a stand-out online presence, then an introduction to Herman Chan is a must. As a San Francisco Bay Area top producing real estate agent, Herman is a master of harnessing the power of the Internet."
Rebekah asks me how I launched my career & why I started my blog Habitat For Hermanity. I also share my 6 tips for video marketing & most importantly how you can best promote your on-line brand....like Hermanity!
KSJO 92.3 FM KLOK 1170 AM
(Intro in Chinese: Tily)
今 天邀请到一位 很特别的 来宾。雖然他的 專業是 房產經濟人，但他在主流 媒體的曝光率 是 頻繁的 也是 多元化的。他的專業知識 除了在 灣區房產 經紀之外，還包括 室內 裝潢設計，美食推薦，與 專題 演講。 他的 專業 網站，“Habitat for Hermanity” 包含了 如何成為一位 成功的 房產經紀人的 視頻博客，以及 綜藝節目評論等。雖然如此，與他 在房地產上 合作過的 客戶，對他 評價 卻是 贊不絕口。現在就讓我們來 認識這位 擁有 獨特魅力的 百萬房產 經紀人，Mr. Herman Chan.
1. What does it take to make yourself stand out among other real estate brokers?
2. You seem to be interested and are knowledgeable in so many areas besides real estate, brokerage, including interior decoration, TV entertainment, restaurant recommendations, just to name a few. What are you most interested in and why?
3. Do you think home prices are over-priced in the Bay Area?
4. How long do you think this hot trend will last in the San Francisco Bay Area?
5. Since this is a seller’s market, do you recommend perhaps older people sell their homes, make some money, and buy a home elsewhere to live, or people whose job situation isn’t so secure to sell their home while the market is hot?
6. Besides high rental prices, lower mortgage rates, loosened credit history review, demand from some overseas investors, and perhaps a slight economic recovery in certain sectors, what’s driving such a craze all of a sudden?
7. If people would like to get in touch with you for advice on anything, how should they contact you?
Amazing Astounding Awesome Spotlight on Herman Chan for RealEstate.com!! (My Most Revealing Interview to Date!)
I reveal my successes & failures in an exclusive chat with RealEstate.com. In what is probably the most thorough interview I have given to the press, we cover a wide swath of topics from my not-so-glamorous career before real estate, why agents are insecure, how web/tech trends have shifted in the past 3 yrs, and most importantly what I would tell a younger Herman. Thank You to writer Shannon O'Brien (I now know who is writing my biography! Lol!).
Photo Credit: Will Taylor
Click image above to listen!
Kindred spirit Kelly Mitchell interviews me on her super duper popular show Agent Caffeine! Click here for the podcast!
"This episode of Agent Caffeine takes us to the land of Hermanity. High fashion, good humor and a funtastic diva rolled into one. We talk about going from blah to delish and being true to you. Herman Chan has built an incredible persona. He’s created opportunities from many different channels including, MTV, HGTV, Huffington Post and the San Francisco Chronicle. Herman’s also a hot speaking commodity. You get the authentic nature of his spirit by the fun he has describing what he does as well as his self-deprecating nature. Chan is a superstar in his own right. Truly a refreshing spin out of the land of vanilla-mess and into the land of sparkling individuality. If you need inspiration on being yourself and embracing your true authentic brand, Herman has wise words of advice for you". - Kelly Mitchell
Guess who graces the cover of Top Agent Magazine?! My tearsheets & interview are below but if you want to read the whole magazine issue, click here. Enjoy!
I'll be on the Monday Morning Radio Show 11/5/12 when Keith Robinson (VP of Better Homes & Gardens) will interview me about how the heck I brand myself, how you can too & more importantly why that matters in real estate! Should be fun (It's always fun talking about myself! giggle)
Title: “Cementing Your Brand in a Web 2.0 World”
Date: Monday, November 5, 2012
Times: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM PST
Reserve your seat now at: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/256281410
Business 2 Community sat down with me for their "Expert Interviews" series. They asked me 6 questions about social media & real estate, including what is the biggest challenge facing your industry, w hat do you think is the future of social media & more! Real estate has been slow to catch up on this but it is about time everyone embraced it. No one want to be the dinosaur agent faxing offers...am I right?!