| || |
Real Estate talk show hosts Cliff Perotti & Lisa Perotti had me on their program The Property Beat...and boy what fun! These 2 grilled me about what's happening in this outrageous SF market, how I started videoblogging and more!
Tune into the show to find out my answers to:
1. What are the challenges you see for a first time home buyer in SF today?
2. What do you think about the market today vs. last year… is it better, flat or not as good?
3. what advice do you give a buyer who’s writing an offer in a multiple offer situation?
4. So, is your notoriety helping your clients? Or is it helping you get clients?
5. We’re seeing some agents out there that like to price a property on the low side, in an effort to generate overbid frenzy. Do you recommend this strategy for a seller today?
6. What are the top three things you think a seller can do to maximize the selling price of their home?
My Property Beat Radio Interview! Secret Tips For Buyers in SF, Where's Market Headed & Whats 'Price to Entice' About?
7 Homebuying Mistakes to Avoid: If you’re on the housing search, sidestep these homebuyer pitfalls -by Susan Johnston for Us News & World Report
"For most people, a home is the largest purchase they’ll ever make, so choosing the wrong property can have disastrous implications for their wallets and well-being. Still, many homeowners feel a strong sense of pride in putting their mark on the property, building equity and having a place to truly call their own. Whether you’re a seasoned or first-time buyer, here’s a look at seven homebuying mistakes to avoid.
1. Using the wrong real estate agent. Just because your sister’s college roommate’s friend just got a real estate license doesn’t mean she’s the right agent for you. San Francisco real estate agent Herman Chan suggests vetting agents and looking for someone who does real estate full time and knows the local inventory. “You can lose an offer if you’re not responsive in a couple of hours,” he says. Request the agent’s sales data, and find out how he or she communicates. Chan recommends asking questions like these to gauge the agent’s tech-savyness: “Is it OK if I text you? Is it OK to DocuSign things? If I can’t make an open house on Sunday, can you shoot me a video?” If you prefer to check texts and emails on your phone, you may not want an agent who insists on faxing contracts.
2. Shopping before you get preapproved. Before you get serious about buying real estate, find out how much mortgage you qualify for and get a preapproval letter from your lender. “If you fall in love [with a property], write that offer and then find out you can’t afford it, it’s an emotional roller coaster you can’t afford,” Chan says. Many agents won’t even take buyers to showings until they have a preapproval letter for that very reason.
Read the other 5 tips here!
You might remember I posted this fantastical image on my Instagram (@hermanity) of the Docusign office in San Francisco earlier this month. I can now reveal Docusign invited me to their swank new San Francisco HQ to chat about how I use Docusign , especially with Google Drive. The feature just went live on their site! Check it out!
Seriously folks, if your Realtor doesn't offer Docusign to you, they are doing you wrong! It'll change your life. When they need your signature ASAP (which is like always!), no more scrambling around for a printer, finding a scanner, or god forbid using a fax! It's all electronic, paperless & mobile!
"Brought to you by Reesio, RealTech 2014 is expected to draw over 700 brokers and agents, and promises to be an even bigger and better event. We have an all-star lineup of speakers from some of the top companies in the industry who will share their expertise about real estate tech with you. This is a must-attend event for brokers and agents looking to grow their business and to utilize the latest technologies in doing so." Click here for more!
I guess my video series Real Simple Real Estate for San Francisco Chronicle via Demand Media ain't doing too bad. I got his cute note today. Check out my real estate and design tips.
As one of only 20 selections from our 6,000+ Network, we’re proud to have you representing us in such a forward-facing way. Thanks for all your hard work, and for being such an esteemed member of Demand Media Studios!
Spring season is around the corner! If you are an owner, you what that means: you are thinking of putting your home on the market. But before you do , check out my tips on Bankrate.com! Avoid those costly boo-boo's before taking to a Realtor.
Super Agents Live Talk Show Debuts with Herman Chan & "Millionaire Real Estate Agent" Author Dave Jenks!